Q: What’s a theriogenologist?

A:  A veterinarian who is a reproductive specialist. 

While many veterinarians are qualified to do reproductive work, a board-certified theriogenologist is usually called in when special expertise is required.  Examples include:  fertility problems, insemination with frozen semen, special insemination techniques (deep horn insemination, for example), embryo transfer, etc. 

While your regular veterinarian can probably refer you to a theriogenologist, The Society for Theriogenology can help you locate one here:  http://www.therio.org/search.cfm

Comments are closed.

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.